We really enjoy useful, well designed gadgets that do what they promise. We love it when gadgets do MORE than they promise! The Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker by Aspenta promises to keep tabs on your vehicle, but in reality it can also keep tabs on your laptop bag, suitcase, chello, backpack…pretty much anything!
Please watch our video review of the Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker to learn more…
Track Anything, Anywhere In The World
We have reviewed a number of tracking devices and unfortunately, they tend to have some serious limitations. Some have a hefty monthly fee. Others use Bluetooth 4.0, which require your phone to be within 30 or 40 feet of the tracker to get location information.
The Vectu on the other hand uses both GPS and cellular GSM to provide worldwide coverage (except for Japan, South Korea and North Korea). There is no service fee for the first year, after the first year, unlimited worldwide coverage is just $36 a year. In short, the Vectu provides an effective and inexpensive way to keep track of just about anything…anywhere in the world.
Here are the key features…
• Location updates every 60-seconds when your vehicle (or bag) is moving
• Works worldwide anywhere GSM reception exists (excludes Japan, S. Korea & N. Korea) – no roaming charges
• Geofence – Create a geofence and receive alerts whenever Vectu exits this area.
• Speed alerts – Set a speed limit and be alerted immediately if it is exceeded
• Arm feature – Create an instant Safe Spot around the device and be alerted, if it moves from that location
• History & Reports – The history view lets you see where Vectu was in the past. Reports reveal triggered alarms and alerts.
• Help button that sets off an alert in case of emergency
• Instant SMS/Email/Push notifications
• Multiple users – share vectu with other myAspenta app users
• View multiple devices on a single map
• Add up to 4 additional phone numbers and 4 email addresses to receive notifications
• View up to 90-days of tracking history
Simple to Use and Strong Battery Life
In testing we really appreciated the simplicity of the Vectu. Place it in your car or bag and then use an iOS or Android app to track your object. You can also use a web browser from any PC to see tracking information and alerts.
You can get more advanced and set speed alerts or location alerts, or just keep it simple and quickly see where your car is located and how fast it is moving, at any time. In our testing, we were able to go out 10 days before needing to recharge the Vectu. The less movement, the longer the battery will last as the Vectu goes into an energy saving mode when there is no motion.
The Vectu is not perfect. There were some instances where it had trouble picking up a signal and occasionally we had to send multiple arm requests before it would take. Overall, the problems were minor and self correct after a few moments. At just $99 and free tracking worldwide for 1 year, the Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker is a great way to keep tabs on your car or really anything else that moves.
Visit Aspenta to Learn More About the Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker ($99)