There are certain products, which just by the nature of their name, you know you want. We are about to a write a full review about the Candy Craft Chocolate Pen by Skyrocket Toys, but let’s be honest, the moment your eyes saw the phrase “Chocolate Pen,” you knew you wanted it!
Still, we had to do this review. What if the chocolate taste disgusting? What if the magical Chocolate Pen did not dispense the chocolate goodness as advertised? You see, we had to do this review to make sure that a wonderfully named product like the Chocolate Pen did not disappoint.
Please watch our video review of the Candy Craft Chocolate Pen -
Luckily, The Chocolate Pen Did Not Disappoint
As we show in the video, the Chocolate Pen really does make it easy to create chocolate treats. We love that there is no baking, cooking or need to have the chocolate set for hours. This is something the kids can start at 3pm and by 3:15pm be eating their chocolate creations!
Here is everything you get in the Candy Craft Chocolate Pen set –
- The motorized chocolate pen dispenses real chocolate that hardens in minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator
- Choose your color! The kit includes pink, blue, brown and white chocolate
- Cleanup is easy! The melted chocolate never touches the pen, and partially used tubes are easy to store
- The kit includes 50 molds to create custom treats, special gift bags to share with your friends, and 8 full ounces of premium confectioners chocolate.
- 4 chocolate tips and clamps
- Additional Candy Craft kits, refills, and themed molds are sold separately.
What Happens When The Chocolate Runs Out?
You get 1/2 a pound of chocolate in the $29 Chocolate Pen kit. Once you use up the chocolate you can order refills direct from Skyrocket Toys or find them in the toy aisle of places like Target, Walmart and Toys R Us. They sell for about $7.99 for four more pouches (8 ounces) of chocolate.
Look I Made A Chocolate Bunny
Fine, I am not going to give Cadbury a run for their money come Easter, but I had fun doing it!
Overall, we had a great time creating chocolates with the Chocolate Pen. The one problem we ran into is that the chocolate can harden up quickly – sometimes when still in the pen. If this happens, you just put the pouch back in hot water, re-melt the chocolate and you are back in action.
We love that this is an activity set that both boys and girls will love. Once again proving that chocolate has the power to bring us all together!
Visit Skyrocket Toys to Learn More About The Candy Craft Chocolate Pen
Purchase the Chocolate Pen for $29 at Toys R Us