Lenovo just held a press event and announced the amazing new Yoga Tablet 2 Pro. A 13-in media tablet with a built-in projector to display 50″ images and an exhilarating 8 watts of sound including a subwoofer… all make this tablet more like a home theater. Which begs the question, how did Lenovo not name this merger of Tablet and Home Theater the TABEATER!
Boy, That Escalated Quickly
To steal a line from Ron Burgundy, when it comes to display size of tablets, things escalated quickly. For a while we saw smalls jumps from 8″ to 10″ to 12″…but the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro really got things moving. Sure, it has a 13.3″ Quad HD Display, but it really has a 50″ display with the built in projector. Just point it at a wall and suddenly your tablet is projecting 50 inches of video or photos.
The Yoga Tablet 2 Pro Packs Some Impressive Specs
The built in projector and sub-woofer are clearly the wow features of this new tablet, but there is plenty more to love about the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro. Here are some key features…
- Integrated projector for up to a 50-inch home theater experience to view media on any flat surface
- Larger kickstand compared to previous generation YOGA tablets for greater stability and a new release button to open the kickstand more easily
- Features a new mode, Hang, in addition to the unique three modes from previous models: Stand, Tilt and Hold
- Brilliant sound quality for a premium media watching experience with 8 watts of sound including a subwoofer
- Amazing performance for work and play with Intel Inside®
- Intel® Atom™ Processor Z3745 (2M cache, 4 cores, up to 1.86 GHz)
- 13.3-in Quad HD (2560×1440) IPS display
- Android 4.4
- USB OTG
- Intuitive software made to automatically recognize the current user mode and optimize display contrast/brightness/sharpness, pop up keyboard settings for typing and turning on Dolby® Audio mode for watching movies, video chatting or playing games
- Incredible battery life with up to 15 hours on a single charge to power users throughout the day
- Packed with premium Lenovo apps, including a product walk through using a 4D image of Ashton Kutcher to guide users through all of the device’s cool features
We Can’t Wait to Test Out The TABEATER
As the TABEATER AKA Yoga Tablet 2 Pro was just announced, we have not had a chance to test it out yet. The tabeater should be available at the end of October with prices starting at $499. We will report back with a full review once we have had a chance to do some testing.
I’m just wondering, what type of case do you get for a tablet with a 50″ display
Visit Lenovo To Read More About the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro